Skip to main content

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's GBE is about "Lost and Found."




I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me. 

That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even. 

She said: "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."  

Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works. 

A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends will come and go. But, you must always stay true to you.

A lot of the time, we feel like a friends advice is something that is well-meaning and something that we need to heed. Sadly, there are some people in our lives that may seem like friends, when really, they aren't. They are negative influences that we need to cut the strings of. 

That's what happened with that friend. I had to cut them loose. I kept thinking, this person must be right. I mean, they've known me for a long long time now so they know me well right? So if they say that I lost the better part of myself from what I went through, then it must be true. 

But it wasn't.

It was a long hard road I traveled to be able to realize that. It's a good thing too, that I didn't listen to them. I wouldn't have become the person that I am today. Which is a person that has seen a lot of bad stuff, and suffered a lot. I've been a part of things that most shouldn't have to. Had to grow up too young. I have done all this, but reached a point of strength within me, that I know I wouldn't have found had I not suffered so much. I learned that I had to be the one to suffer to help others, to teach others, and to show them that yes... you can go through so much and still remain such a happy person. I suffered so they wouldn't have to. 

So I may have lost the "better" part of myself to that person, and a lot of others at that time. But what I found was a better woman that no longer allows herself to be put on the bottom shelf, shoved into the back. I am a woman who deserves to shine and who deserves not only the top shelf, but the window seat. To be shown off because really...

I am a Goddess

Maybe over-confident sometimes, sometimes bordering on one of the most difficult, stubborn, pain in the a**, beings on the planet, but I am me and I became that person after a lot of work.

And I'm still a Goddess so there.

Hugs and kisses and more to come!!
Til next time!!



Fshew, made it!

Comments

  1. : ) better then a door mat right? hehe tho this one line "I suffered so they wouldn't have to" have a feeling a novel is in there ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I suffered so they wouldn't have to."

    Wow. Those seven words say SO much. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there is such a thing as being over confident. ~~"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you're right." Henry Ford~~

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I can relate so much to this. I feel like the advice I give to my teenage sisters can be applied to me...and that is to avoid negative people and stop trying to make them your friends. Looking back, I wish I'd cut out some people long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advice. I can relate to your post so much. Negative friends who drag you down are not friends you want to keep. Glad you were able to come through it all and come out on top. You Go, Goddess! YEH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly think there are some things you have to learn for yourself, and this is one of them. I'm glad you hung on to your goddess status. It suits you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we can learn a lot about ourselves through our friends, but we do need to cut some of them loose. When they drain us of our energy, we no longer need them. Friends are supposed to contribute to our spiritual well-being. When they criticize or hurt us, they are not friends.

    My Lost and Found GBE 2 blog is here: http://helpforsingleparents.blogspot.com/2011/06/lost-and-found-teachers-who-kill-their.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Brenda, thank you. Yup! And yeah, my life is one long novel ;)

    @Beth, <3 thank you!

    @Joyce, that's something I believe as well. Love the quote. I'm a quotaholic!

    @Maggie, it's funny isn't it? So much of the "great" advice we give to the younger crowd we should follow ourselves. Live and learn. :)

    @catchats, woot! Thank you!

    @Mojo, thank you muches. Mwah!

    @Theresa, I will check yours out! That is very true. The ones who wish us to grow are the ones who we should learn the most from :)

    Thanks for coming by, reading, and commenting! Hugs and kisses to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @claudia, thanks! Thanks for coming by, reading and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c