Skip to main content

(GBE2: Blog On) Let go of the reins and you'll know freedom



This week's (4th) GBE2: Blog On topic is "Control." For more info head here

I admit it, I'm a type-A personality. It was a learned behavior.

I felt as though I needed to be in constant control of everything around me. I worked 3 jobs and went for weeks on occasion without a day off.

I still felt as though I wasn't doing enough. Not around the house, not with my friends, not for dating, not even for work. I just have always had this "I'm not doing enough" attitude instilled in me from a lot of the immediate people around me. So a lot of my behavior was ingrained so deep that I still suffer with that. I feel as though no matter what, I'm not doing enough, being the best I can be, and all of that great unhealthy attitude one should not have.

But I do.
And I know it's not good, but I still suffer with feeling inadequate because I am just not doing enough.

Which is wrong. It's just something that I suffer with. I admit to it. I admit too, that as many times as I hear from friends that I'm doing enough, that I'm good enough, that the feeling of greatness lasts, but then quickly fades off and I'm once more left with those thoughts where I wonder am I doing the best I can be? Am I doing enough? I do a ton of jobs but don't get paid for them so I am faced with that feeling of being stuck in the mindset sometimes where I think, then I'm not because I have nothing to show for it. Mostly instilled from 2 people close to me who I can't escape.

I KNOW I'm doing enough and doing the best anyone could, but still...

I understand it mostly stems from jealousy on their part, but because of it, I still suffer at times. The confidence I am known for sometimes is just not there and must be faked. Heavily.

I know right? What?!
You're not over-confident and bubbly 24/7?!
Nope.
Not in the least.

I'm just great at faking it!!
Wait... that doesn't sound right.

Movin on.

There are times that I have learned that by being in constant control, it actually adds to my feelings of not feeling good enough. I learned years ago when I developed stress-associated physical problems, like panic attacks, that it was because of that feeling where I thought I NEEDED to be in constant control. I must work, work, work, or I was nothing. Even if the work was just staying on top of laundry.

But it was an amazing thing for me when I went through that gorgeous breakdown. On the bright side (I always love finding the bright side. It's purdy there.) I learned an important lesson. I feel MORE confident and beautiful? When I let go.

Don't let go Jack... don't let go... ahem...

It's an amazing process to bottom out and lose all faith in yourself, friends, and even the world. You find out that you can still stand up, still walk, and with each step, you can walk away from the "once was" into the "now is" you. You find faith in yourself. I'm not talking God stuff here peeps, just "faith" in what it means.

I learned that when I finally let go and saw myself as the REAL me, and not this girl people saw (miss perfect sitting on the pedestal and better than everyone around her) and wanted me to be, that I was perfectly imperfect and I was allowed to be! That I felt DAMN good to be so.

Less makeup? Okay. No wearing makeup? Even better! Messy room for a day or more? Well okay... maybe not that one, but I let it get "semi" messy so gimme a break. House not always immaculate and actually smelling like... dogs? Gasp! Hey look, nobody cares. Still a workaholic that can't sit still however... hmms... Not always on-time, or remembering everything? Not always answering phone, picking up, being there? Friends won't hate you for it! Not being always the uber held together and "nice" girl? People love it!

[sings] Speak your mind and the rest will follow... Ahem... okay that credit goes to En Vogue there.

I finally learned control by letting go and realizing that it is OKAY to not always have it together, to be vulnerable, and to not know what the hell you're doing. I finally learned to stop being everyone else, or what they wanted me to be, and be myself.

Which is a pretty darned charming lady with a wicked smile and sparkling (i.e. seductive wink wink) eyes. [bats lashes]

I learned the freedom of letting go and even that it's okay to sit back and let someone else take the lead. Which is actually a pretty nice seat to have. I like the passenger seat. Allows me to harass the driver ;) Yes I'm a smart ass, I am aware of that. Sadly no man has fulfilled that threat of a spanking if I didn't quit. Huh.

So yes, the Goddess is here to admit that no, I haven't figured it out. I am not perfect, but damn if I'm not the most perfect woman on the planet who's the best at everything she does. And she loves to spoil those around her with whatever she can!!

I am doing the best I can and that's a good thing. I was meant to be something and I am achieving it. Even if that something is just a mom and wife, or just wife. Or not. I'm okay with whatever comes my way... as long as he's tall, sexy, dominating, perfect and... oh... nvm. Anything that comes my way, I can handle it, or not. Hmm... somewhere I lost my train of thought.

Hopping off the train before it crashes into another digressing thought process.

Come fly with me into the wild blue yonder!

Hugs and kisses and more to come!
Til next time!! :)

Comments

  1. Chioiioo chooiioo understand the train. . .and its like he KNEW I would adore being treated as the Goddesses I am. . Hehe Yet I need to control spontaniety cuz sweet JEsus ITS YOUR TIME TO COME NOW.. ..I wont delete promise cuz I know you get it....just not sure how to preponderance relate to urinary incontinence. . .the precedent blog. .. LOL....o dear better get to bed.. .time to get some ... .sleep Baihhhhhh : ) adore u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you're so crazy like me :) love it!

    Thanks for coming by, reading, and commenting!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectionism is over rated. The only way someone can reach total perfection is to be in a coma: you don't do anything so you can't make mistakes. BORING! Great post.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great point Joyce! Thank you so much :)
    Thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS !! ((are we sisters?? ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection is accepting imperfection and learning to love yourself for it, because it is what makes you you and there is no-one quite like you. The Goddess likes to see people learning for themselves (even if she has to prod us a few times to get going!) and I think you've done her proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew there was a good reason to not be in the driver's seat-to harass the driver-now why didn't I think of that? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @spark, thank you :) Hmm... maybe we are! My long lost sister, where have you beeeeeeen?! lol

    @Mojo, Love it! Even sometimes a swift kick. :p I appreciate that.

    @JulieDD haha well now ya know! Get to the harassing! :)

    Thanks for coming by, reading and commenting all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading people's blog and every once in a while laugh just because we're so different. I'm very NOT a Type A person--I'm fairly laid back and believe that God is doer--even when accomplishing things (which I do often). I'm prefer for someone else to be the driver because I don't even like driving... LOL!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Spark, I think we are sisters too. Love this: I finally learned control by letting go. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always liked you, but the longer I know you, the more I adore you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the lines:

    You're not over-confident and bubbly 24/7?!
    Nope.
    Not in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Marian, thank you so much :) Well so then you are my yin I am your yang! Haha

    @Langley, my other sister hiiiiii :P I'm just gathering a big family then. Score! I could use sisters. :) Thanks gorgeous!

    @Word Nerd, thank you, the feeling is mutual <3

    @Claudia, I appreciat that!

    Thanks for coming by, reading, and commenting my beautiful friends!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w