Skip to main content

Dark Illusions: The Final Chapter Extended Teaser

Here is an extended preview of Dark Illusions: The Final Chapter for you guys. This is the excerpt/preview that is found in the back of the Dark Illusions: The Next Chapter.





===================================================

Julian cleared his throat and Kat twitched. Maybe more than she should have. Her attention leapt to him. Around her his aura spun until she dug her nails into the table. Kat was aware of everyone in the room watching her, but she didn’t move or say a word. She clenched her teeth and felt Julian’s pleasure over it.
“Kat, did you have something you wanted to say?” he asked, not just putting her on the spot, but convicting her as well.
How can you do this to me? You will regret this. Her nails lengthened into the table and she further clenched her jaw. Speaking through clenched teeth, a deep growl slipped out as she said, “No.”
Julian smiled and strode past her, his scent drifted over her, entangling her in its grip. His hand slid along the back of her chair. “What the Queen really wants to say is ‘fuck you Julian,’ but she can’t. Why? Because I won’t allow it. Will I, Kat?”
Kat gawked at him. What the hell was Julian’s plan? Shame her? Embarrass her? If he expected to play with her in front of everyone, he was dumber than he looked.
“Julian—” Kat sucked in a breath and stars danced in her vision, her back stiffened. Julian did something she couldn’t stop.
“As I said, I won’t allow it.”
Kat leapt up, fighting against Julian’s aura. The move small, but the pressure it caused upon her wasn’t. “Stop manipulating me.”
A deep snarl ripped out of her and Kat’s body grew tense, her nails lengthened, her teeth sharpened, the room shook.
Julian blurred over to her, but didn’t touch her. He stopped in front of her face. “Sit. Down.”
The air grew thick with his power, overwhelming the entire room.
Kat continued to face him and her defiance caused him to once more, crush his aura around her. A heavy pressure lay upon her shoulders, determined to force her down. The entire room would’ve felt it this time. There was no way they didn’t. Kat wanted to tell him to screw himself and to fight everything, but as she faced him, she slipped within his mind instead.
Knowing she heard him with little effort, he threatened through his mind, “I will kill them, Kat. Every one of your clan. Even Sean, Declan, Hunter, Jake, and Max.”
The complete calm with which he uttered the threat, knowing she searched him, quieted Kat in an instant, and her head snapped back. Her gaze moved away from Julian, to Sean, and back to Julian. She drifted back down to her chair. Her bottom lip trembled.
Julian turned his attention to the room and Kat glanced at Patrick. He shook his head at her, not Julian. What was wrong with everyone?
===================== 

Hope you enjoyed this extended preview, this will be the last share before the release. I'm super excited to hear everyone's thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c