Skip to main content

Weekend Writing Sat - Sun (February 16-17th) Tag #wwab to join in!


All right. Getting going fairly early. Let's see if I can get myself some nice quiet writing time. Everyone has been taken care of and people are still asleep. This weekend, the two that are lowest in word count will be, as usual, the ones I work on. So that means. Saturday will be: DARK ILLUSIONS: THE FINAL CHAPTER and then tomorrow, Sunday, will be HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. 
file0001568639492

Saturday Updates

  • Starting the book at 22,190 words total
  • First break. Lunch! At about 1K. Going to be abouts because I went back and added words. So I'll be rounding up every time I update today.
  • Forgot to update. 3274 words so far. It's so funny. Started reading Dean Koont'z THE TAKING last night. There is a storm that arrives in the night. Harsh. Rain. And with a distinct smell. Possible aliens or something else (haven't got that far in the book). I'm about to share a teaser for you, but this is the sequences that just took place here. I wrote the teaser lines. Looked up. Noticed harsh rain hit. Out of nowhere. Saved the teaser. Rain disappeared ten minutes after it began. haha If that rain smells like semen, I'm grabbing my samurai sword and locking the doors. Here's your teaser.
final chapter tease copy
  • 4129 words. Head hurts. This is getting intense. Time to make dinner.
  • Ending the night at about 4800 words. Book is at 27,253 total. Going to do some editing on ALWAYS CONSEQUENCES before I call it quits. Join me tomorrow for Hope For the Future. :D

Sunday Updates

  •  Starting at a word count of 21, 806 words with HOPE FOR THE FUTURE today.
  • First stop 1334 words. Lunch and coffay! Bless ze coffee gods for all their miraculous lovely things they do for us writers. Amen. ;)
  • Break. We're at 3132 words. Ahead of normal. Good stuff. But, I have to get some cleaning and such done, so hopefully that won't set me back. So that's rather good I'm ahead of schedule.
  • Okay, stopped the above there. So the story is at: 24,938 words total. I'm trying to finish up ALWAYS CONSEQUENCES, but tonight we'll call it good. Eyeballs are about to bleed and I still need time to relax before bed. Sleep is something I can't sacrifice or I get physically sick. Shakes and such, even. So, I will go ahead and close down for the night. Get to my notes tomorrow on the bits I have to make sure I fixed from my editors notes on ALWAYS CONSEQUENCES. Make sure I stuck with the problematic areas. Hopefully be able to send the story to my two editors for a final once-over by tomorrow night. I am so grateful that everyone has had patience with me over this book. First one I have been way off on estimates of release date, but I really wanted to make sure I was thorough, instead of giving you a half-baked cake to eat and expecting you to like it. :) Personal issues at home that sent this house into chaos a few months back, too. Hopefully life will start becoming more normal after this month. More than likely not for a few months yet. I'm just hoping it will. Doing my best to get through this so you guys can have this next book 'cause I love you so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w