Skip to main content

Name 10 things you are grateful for


What are ten things you are grateful for?
List below in the comments.

Here are mine. 

You. (Fans and Friends) That could be very cheesy, but I don't care. I am being honest. 

I absolutely love my fans because they give me wonderful feedback and I enjoy hearing what you have to say. I don't ever want to take you for granted. It is why I take the time to respond to you as much as I can. 

It's not just about your being fans, either. I consider you all my family. I love to chat with you, I love to get to know you. When I can inspire someone to change their life: I absolutely freaking love it. It makes all the stuff I've gone through worth it. When someone takes the time to message me? You better believe I will take the time to respond. Every individual I meet in this life I am grateful for. The good and the bad. Everyone has taught, and will teach, me something. And I do so love learning all about you and what makes you tick. All your wonderful opposing views are fabulous to listen to. 


Editors and Critiques. I'm sure that seems like an odd thing to some. You like being corrected? It's the type of correction. I don't like people correcting random things I do, or criticizing me all day long for things I don't ask for. When I need honest feedback? When I ask for it? I enjoy it. Without them, I couldn't improve my work. I couldn't perfect my craft. It is so important to me to improve my craft that I am constantly reading and learning to do so. If I don't give you my best, why would I bother to write? One must always try to improve upon what can be. I am so incredibly grateful for people who can properly fix what I do and show me where I need it. Otherwise I wouldn't constantly be telling everyone that if you find an error, let me know! It also keeps me grounded and reminds me how personal my business is. I love that. 

Books. I love to read. I don't know what I would do without books. I learn from them, I travel the world through them, I practice magic in them. 

Music. I am listening to some now, in fact. Without music, life would be mediocre. I love the mood-lifting abilities as well as the background it provides. 

Chocolate. I thought I'd better get serious up in hur. Without chocolate, I am not quite sure what would come of me. I'm sure if you cut me up, I would bleed chocolate and 

Coffee. See above. Without that wonderful glorious substance I would more than likely be found in the middle of the floor. Face down, I'd mumble, "go around me" should you come upon the lifeless form which was moi. 

Puppy demons and dog slober. Well, not entirely that. There are moments I am quite convinced that these beings surrounding me are possessed. Oh boy do I ever. Like when an item disappears from under my nose? Come on. That's pure magic there. Evil magic too if you consider the sweet look they give you saying it was clearly not them ... must've been that cat sleeping peacefully in the corner. They make me smile every minute of the day. I couldn't be unhappy if I tried.

What am I at? Oh, 7. ...

Fresh Air. I love stepping outside the door and breathing in that clean air when I need a break. There is something refreshing about doing so and I am grateful that our state has that option. 

My Best Friend. There are no words to what they have listened to. The fact that they still love me through it is wonderful. Unconditional support knows no bounds when it comes to them. Listening to me. Allowing me space when I need it. Always being there. They teach me what best friends are. 

Knowledge. Knowledge is truly powerful. 

Have I mentioned chocolate?
Oh.
Moving on. 

My Business. I love running and owning my own business more than one can express. I am so incredibly grateful to have the opportunity to do it because I don't think I could've ever gained more happiness from anything else. I am truly passionate about this career and grateful for all the wonderful opportunities it provides me as well as the incredibly people I meet through it. I'm not sure I would have had that chance, otherwise. My confidence soars because of it. 

Your turn. ...

Comments

  1. 1~Da hubs
    2~the kids(4 of em)
    3~my dog(cause he makes me feel safe when da hubs has to work night shift)
    4~roof over our heads
    5~food on the table
    6~lights that turn on (lol)
    7~a nice hot shower on a sh&@^% day
    8~a book that grabs me and wont let go
    9~water(cause I like dolphins)
    10~my friends (internet and real)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
    It's always helpful to read content from other writers and use a little something from other websites.
    Feel free to visit my page ; free iphone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w