Skip to main content

The most powerful tool on the planet is ... you


Fight back against Facebook hiding YOUR favorite pages.

Do you know the most powerful tool any page owner has? What any site, author, business has in life? YOU and that big ol' mouth of yours.

Facebook loves to try to make page owners and alike PAY to allow you to see what you love most. So we're supposed to pay for your attention? How to fight against it? Use that big mouth you were born with and talk as you love to do. Facebook and their algorithms have nothing on you. YOU are the single most powerful tool anyone on this planet has. Yes, your one little self who you figure isn't so important? You are!

How can you do it? When your favorite (or one of) page posts something; use that "like" button, comment on things they post, post to their walls, and talk about the page to your friends. Share their items. All the analytics and algorithms in the world have absolutely nothing to do with you and can't stop you.

Add the pages you love most and want to SEE most, in an interest list which you can build by clicking on the page, hovering over the like box with your mouse, and then click on "add to interests list." Or, click on the gear icon to find it.

If you're a page owner, you can "add it to your pages favorites."

Hover over that "like" box and make sure it's checked to show in your news feed every day.

Visit the page every day, or as often as you can.

Remember, Facebook and all websites have nothing when it comes to WORD OF MOUTH which is the single most powerful tool. In other words, YOU. Without you, no company would survive.

Keep interacting as much as you can with them, even OFF Facebook. Do it for your favorite websites, authors, and anyone else. We all get busy (ie lazy ass) and just don't bother to open up and talk or click those likes and comment button, but that is what society and people are about. Socialization. Remember that these are people taking time every day trying to earn your attention and when people don't participate they figure their page/site/business is lacking, but it's up to you to say I AM HERE. KEEP IT UP. Show them love as they show you every time they place a product out for you.

Even if that product is them.

ETA: Interesting post about this and yes, I've noticed it on mine too. Fun is to look at your Facebook feed through a viewer like Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, or in my case, Plume for Android. It's a Twitter app. You SEE all those posts and it is astounding. http://dangerousminds.net/comments/facebook_i_want_my_friends_back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w