Skip to main content

Questions of the Day and Information on their return.

Just a really quick blog for you guys... just not a short one.

This is to let you know that yes, Questions of the Day are STILL set to start after the first of the year. Yes, along with Awakened: The Beginning being available for purchase on the Kindle! Yay!! And fshewies...

Questions of the Day will start posting the first week of the new year of 2012 (yay, woooohoooooo right?!)
Where's the apppplllaaauuuuseeee????
K, thought so.

I plan on taking over the world , and dominating the online world with my Questions posting them on every service that people who may want to participate are on . I've been holding back on posting them all over but frankly, I'm sick of it. Tired of holding myself back for anyone as I'm done with it all.

SO.

I will be posting the Questions everywhere I am/can, which means the sites that I'm on, even if I'm not active on them. You may answer wherever you wish, but I will enable FB comments along with Blogger comments on my site and the blogs I publish so that you can use FB to answer on my blog. The FB comments will be posted along the same line as the Blogger ones. Not the system in place now where you have to click on each tab. I think it will be easier, and a lot better way of allowing conversation to flow between anyone who comments and anyone who participates. Right now, you have to click each tab to see each one, and the Twitter tab is useless because it will only show comments made within the past four days. Maybe, if (a big if) the conversation starts on Twitter more then I will bring it back, but the way it stands, it's always empty and how many of us (I don't even like to and it's my site! lol) click on all the extra tabs to comment?

When you post a comment using FB, it will post to your wall (if you allow it, which I would hope you do so that others may participate in the Questions of the Day).  I'm not going to lie and say it's only about people participating in the Questions, obviously it'd be about driving traffic to my site as well. That being to help drive traffic to my writing, which would drive traffic to the books I have up for sale. I'd be lying if I didn't mention that as part of the reason and I'm not going to do that to people.

So it is a combination of getting people to my site, helping get others to participate in the Questions of the Day, and hopefully more people will get to enjoy my writing; which is really behind everything I do: helping others to read and enjoy my work in the same way one loves to read any book, newspaper, or written item! Offering an escape from the big bad world for a few. :)

I'm making a lot of changes to this site, as well as the design, opening up blogs for behind-the-scenes for any book I get published, getting my AWAKENED: THE BEGINNING up on Smashwords and Lulu perhaps too. Also, my own life I'm doing a lot of changes in: cleaning out old junk, redesigning my bedroom, my own attitude, and much, much more. I'm doing a total and complete overhaul of every aspect of my life, my sites, my everything and anything so bear with me as there will be a lot of upcoming changes happening surrounding me in the month of January AND 2012!

(sidenote: as I write this gremlins are destroying my room... already helping me with the redecorating aren't they sweet?)

And if curious, the new theme for everything will be: elegance, grace, manners, and bringing back the "lady." Cheesy, but whatevs. My language however, as you may tell, much does not change in that way. lol

(pause to go chase down gremlins and bite their little legs off for eating newspaper...)

Where was I?

Oh yeah QOTD's...

So they will be posted EVERYWHERE (be prepared world for I'm taking over!!! ahem...) and you may answer wherever you feel is best for YOU. However, on my site WILL be the comment system for Facebook (you can easily use hotmail, yahoo, and I think AOL as well on it, if you don't want use FB) and the comments (if allowed) will post to your Facebook wall, in turn bringing more into the conversation. When one comment has been posted to the Facebook comment system, it will STAY on YOUR Facebook wall, so you don't actually have to go back to my site I believe. I'm not sure if it will show up via mobile however. I tried, and it didn't work, but it did on the mobile if I used "web version" so I think it depends on the phone and how you access my site. So don't quote me on all that.

(pause to take a gremlin off Sabrina's face which is annoying her and making her grrooowwwrrrroooowwwooooowwrrrr... very distracting... gremlin removed... continuing on...)

Where was I?

Something about comment however you want on the QOTD's and wherever they're posted. I'm going to make it simple and copy and paste this note onto all the sites too (try to) so that you can just read it via wherever you're at for now.

They will be posted first thing in the morning, but it won't be a scheduled time. Say my morning-ish, which means anywhere from 6am-10am. I'll try for around 8 or 9 AM PST everyday, but I will have to do it manually so it depends on when I can get on the computer, which is tough at times with my life.

(pause to deal with whiny gremlins...)

What else, what else... oh! If I post a blog that day, the Questions will be located at the bottom of it. That way I'm not posting tons of tiny blogs posts, and tons of posts in general, they will be pretty stream-lined... hopefully. Otherwise my whole blog listing gets a little long. I'll be making a Table of Contents page too so that if you click on it--in the top bar--you'll be able to easily scroll down to the tag "DOTD" or "QOTD" ("Question of the Day" or "Discussion of the Day") and find all of them listed easily. I have to first fix all the tags on my posts or everything will get linked funky right now, which will take time, but that too, I'm going to be working on. I'm just trying to get everything in "usability" order right now, then will come details. I have to get my book up on Smashwords and Lulu and then behind-the-scenes extras before that, before I can get to all the rest of the details.

I think that's it. Remember, (I'll list it here on Monday or so) that you can find my book via Kindle: AWAKENED: THE BEGINNING starting January 1st, 2012!! Look it up and please remember to leave a comment. Or criticism (yikes!) too. So far I'm keeping it on the low end to drive sales. It will probably stay that way untillllll February, so be sure to get your copy while you can! Anyone who'd been editing it... yeah, I pretty much changed a LOT of the book from what you'd had. lol

Tootles!!
xoxoxo
<3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w