Skip to main content

Writing Questions and Answers

Signing up with Bloglovin so you can Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I'm just about to get to work on my CreateSpace formatting so that I can get my book in print, and I wanted to take a moment to say... wow.

No, really, I think of how much work I've been doing just this year and I'm shocked at already getting my book up on two digital sites, which offers all the digital formats available.

Smashwords: DARK ILLUSIONS: THE BEGINNING
and
Kindle/Amazon: Dark Illusions: The Beginning

It's sort of unreal honestly. Maybe when the print book gets going it will feel more real. But for now, I write because I love to write, and because I want others to have something else to read. I love my fans and appreciate them SOOOOOOO much!! ♥

But the title of this post is Questions and Answers because I want to do just that. I want people to know that they can come to me whenever they have a writing question (or even selling Avon question... thought I'd throw that in there lol). My door is always open. If you can't figure something out, or need help with something, I encourage you to use the contact me form (find it at the top in the page section, or at the bottom of every post ' contact me' button) or email me at ariana{AT}arianabrowning{DOT}com.

For me, part of learning about what I do, is the ability to help others to do the same thing. I don't feel there is a competition for readers, or competition in general. If we can't all help each other out, then what good is learning what we do? And for me, that's helping others learn what I know. So if you, or anyone you know, needs ANY sort of help, I encourage you to send them my way.

I'm not an expert. I honestly couldn't call myself that. I would be a "baby" in this business right now. I think that helps me. I haven't learned any of the bad things and the advice that I give isn't the advice I get, but what I learn from observing the best in the business and asking THEM the questions. I have my sources that I go to and I honestly thought of sharing them, but you know what? That's why they give me great advice: because they are my sources and they are people I trust to give me the RIGHT advice. I don't always bug them with questions (I don't think they'd have time to answer thousands all the time), but when I have one, they get back to me quickly. Otherwise, I learn (the advice I give) from studying everything I can get my hands on, and by the best which is just trial and error.

With my Avon business, I've discovered through connecting with other reps (new and established) that the established ones don't always want to give advice and help the newbies. I've learned that myself. Unless I go to the people that I directly work with, when I try to ask established reps for advice, or help, they never get back to me, or they give me a lot of useless advice that isn't even relevant. Why? Why are people so afraid of taking the time to help others? I am where I am, doing what I am, and achieving what I am, because of YOU. Because of friends and fans that help me promote my work, they help me figure things out (especially helpful that they aren't all writers, but READERS and fans who know what they do and do NOT like about books and such). I appreciate all of you so much that I WANT to give back to you.

Holly Lisle has writing courses on her site, and all sorts of great information and newsletters she sends out. Not everything I agree with in regards to how she does things, but I do take all of it to heart and one thing I have paid attention to is how she helps other people with THEIR writing by writing articles about the process of it and help information.

So that is what I'm going to do. Obviously, I'm not able to say I will write one article every single week, since I don't even KNOW if I could! lol BUT, I will try to write articles on writing, and my process, to help everyone with learning the process and understanding the hardships and what all comes with it: deciding to pursue a writing career. I've noticed that my article on Kindle Formatting has gotten a lot of hits on it, which makes me very happy and I'm SO glad I can help people with it.

So please, I encourage you, if you have a question, feel free to ask me! No question is too ridiculous, too weird, or shouldn't be asked. I'm sure I'll get occasional "weirdo" type questions, but honestly, I'm not too afraid of saying, contact me ANYTIME!! How about even this? You can even TEXT a quickie question (although email and FB sometimes is a LOT quicker now since I leave my phone everywhere but with me a lot of the time, but for when I'm not online, it's fine to) to 206-457-2842 as well. I have a app on my browser, which it will get sent to me as well. And again, I'm not too concerned with people getting the number that shouldn't have it. :)

If you have a question on HTML, formatting, or even how I've done certain things on my blog or site? ASK. Don't hesitate to! I won't bite, promise you.

And speakin of help others out - Check out Kenya Johnson's post about supporting each other and linking up what we have to sell, and well you can check it out on her post -  Wednesday with words.... :)





Okay I really need to get to work. I'm sure I'll have more later, but that's good for now... causes I've forgotten everything else I was going to say anyway! haha

Lots of warm snuggles and love free from me to you!
Tootles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w