Skip to main content

(GBE 2:Blog On) First Love

Old post being reposted.

GBE2: Blog On's Topic this week is: First Love Click the link to find out what GBE2: Blog On is and how YOU can participate. If you love writing and/or blogging, it's the place to go! Great people, great fun, what more could you ask for?

FIRST LOVE

When I first saw the topic for this week's GBE2, my first thought was of the friendship I walked away from just last week. He was one of my first love's. But I had already talked about it on a previous web post so I wanted something different. I just didn't want to focus on it.

Today, while I was doing dishes, a.k.a inspiring myself, I thought of a different first love.

To myself.

I do too.

I love myself.

I may not always like myself... I mean come on, if you had to live with her 24/7 she might drive you batty too.

But I do love myself.

People can tell you so. I don't need to. Well I did, but... I'm digressing.

I'm quirky, crazy (two different things there obbbbviouuusssly), and just unlike anyone else. I also enjoy telling people the moment I become uninteresting, and/or boring, you can stop being my friend. So far... that just hasn't happened! I do have to say, I'm pretty darn fun... and never boring. I love to be the sunshine in people's lives. I love making them smile or laugh. There's enough grr in the world, how about some :) instead?

Simple as that!


It is important to reach a place where we love ourselves. It reflects on your outter crinkly parts ya know? Those parts of us that people actually get to see. I understand for a lot of people they have a difficult time with finding self-love and would much prefer self-hate. But nooooo, you can't do that! Not for other people, but for you. It's just not healthy and feely good.

The most important person in our lives is ourselves. After all, without us, who will be there to take care of the people that we do? Without us, the world is at a loss.

But I don't want to add more pressure to you or nothin... I mean the world may end without you in it... I'm just sayin... no pressure.

I was in a lot of people's shoes. I went through days and days where I just hated myself. I still have those moments. I look in the mirror and think to myself... blech... I don't see what everyone else sees. But that's what makes me human, and it does you as well. You're not going to love yourself 24/7 and if you do... well... I won't go there.

Everyday it's not as important to make sure that everyone else gets your love, unless you can find a place within you, to love you exactly as you are. Because really... you are great... just as you are. I love you just the way you are. I don't love you because you're thin, or funny, or wearing pants... although let's not get crazy and you just keep them on.

I love my friends because they are unique. Because they are creatures of their own. Literally. I will be friend up anyone because of that. I have no "qualifications" list. [hides notes] But what I love most about them is that the majority of them love themselves and that's exactly the type of person people love. Just look in the mirror every morning (or more often) and really tell yourself...

I am beautiful
I am a good person
I am perfect as I am now
I can do this
I am strong
I will survive
I love... me.

I know that you may think to yourself, that's just not me. I can't do something like that. It's ridiculous. But you know the best way to learn to love yourself? Tell yourself that you do. There's no magic in confidence. It just IS. You don't buy it, you don't earn it, you don't even have it. You can make it, but still it just IS

You either are or aren't. 
Is or isn't.
Yes's or no'ziz. 

Loving yourself is giving you the freedom to fly. 
Having yourself as your first love prevents you from fearing nobody loving you because well...
YOU love you. 
Isn't that a good thing? 


Hugs and kisses and more to come!!!
Til next time!! :)


Have some more goodness on first loves here!!!


Comments

  1. Oh this was excellent take on this week's subject. That mirror thing you talk about...I was just sharing it with a good friend of mine the other day about doing the mirror thing, because you always have to believe in and love yourself first or nothing else falls into place!!

    I love the post!! You're awesome. Keep smiling!! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! It took me a long time to learn this and it's important especially in order to love other people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenn thanks so much. You're right! I learned the mirror thing, and just to repeat it constantly (and other crazy affirmations) in my head all the time, a looonnnnnggg time ago and I have found when I quit, I feel it. It works!! It's weird, but hey, it works! lol No... YOU'RE awesome! :D

    @Marian, thank you so much my dear! Very true words.

    Thanks both for stopping by, reading, and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great approach to the theme! I love me - great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It's important to love yourself.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post! I am thinking about printing out that little note on the end and sticking it to my mirror! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You love you ,,,I love me...we're as happy as can BE !!! (( LOVE this !!! ))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reminder. Thank you!
    http://myheartblogstoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Claudia, thanks! Love the new profile pic :)

    @Joyce, thanks!

    @Kyra, thank you :) Isn't it great? lol go for it!

    @Spark, haha darn tootin! Thank you so much!

    @theresa, I'm glad I could help :) Thank you!

    Thanks for stopping by, reading, and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ResidentGamer thank you very much. I appreciate it! Thanks for stopping in, reading, and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At 62 I'm still trying to learn this and I think you're wonderful to be there now. Thanks for this post I enjoyed it.
    Pam
    A Pirate Looks Past Sixty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love me, too. And you're right...you really are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so true.

    --Diana Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  14. @pbquig, I appreciate that very much! And you don't look a day over 40 so whatchootalkinbout? :)

    @WN [bows] thank you, thank you. hehe And everybody else loves you too!

    @D Aa, thank you meh dear :)

    Thanks for stopping in, reading and commenting gorgeousnessES :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies and Gentlemen….

Normally, right about now, I would feel inclined to continue with “and children of all ages” (guess I’ve been to the circus just one time too many) but this time instead of introducing some dancing bears or the Flying Wallendas, I’m simply here to introduce myself. My name is Tracie Dee . I’ve been writing for about 4 years now and got my start blogging on MySpace. I love writing but these days, I’m also finding enjoyment with vlogging. I have found that videos are a nice way to share what words alone might not give justice to and also for people to really get to know the person behind the words and the keyboard. Overall, I consider myself to be a pretty down to earth and upbeat person, whose sense of humor can be a bit wacky at times. Hey, life can be rough and sometimes laughter and levity can be our only saving grace to help us get through it all. I consider it to be our very own little light at the end of the tunnel that serves to remind us that even during the very worst

Bucket Lists

"Its never too late to be what you might have been" – George Eliot I’ve been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect of my life. Some of it was out of my control (I mean I really couldn’t help if Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor and exercised it heavily on me during my teens and twenties) but I can’t put all of the blame for it on her, either. Some of it was also by my personal choice. And by that, I mean I used to be very shy and afraid of “what was out there” in the big, scary world so I would rarely try anything new or took any chances of any kind. I chose instead to do my best to hide away from life, tucking myself away from it safely like a tight little rosebud that had not yet bloomed. But there is a quote that says “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” This was the case for me. As time went on, my rosebud shell grew more and more uncomfortable for me. So one day I just took a c

Silent relaxing sunday--wait it's Saturday. A day lost and found! :)

This week's   GBE   is about "Lost and Found." I know a lot of people some years back thought that I'd lost myself. I was even told it was the better part of myself. It took me years to figure out that it wasn't true. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always believed it to be true. Until I finally had the courage to admit to myself, that they were in the wrong; not me.  That's the problem with some "friends." They aren't really your friends. Someone recently told me something that really hit home. It was profound even.  She said:  "The friend is not a friend. just a person with emotional gravity in your life."    Well that's true. Granted, the comment she had made was from a completely different happening, but still it works.  A lot of people are fortunate in having tons of close friends, even close friends that stick around their entire lifetime. I gave up on that notion a long time ago. I realized that mostly, friends w